Setting up an Offshore delivery unit on Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) basis
A team of young entrepreneurs from USA wanted to setup a architectural drawing digitization delivery center in India. Though oursourcing was well accepted concept in USA, architectural industry was not so very exposed to this concept.
Entrepreneur had an idea and first customer but had no base in India. They wanted somebody based in India and with sound background of starting a company.
Why was Business process outsourced to us?
Enterpreneurs were sure of selling the concept but were not sure of execution capabilities in this area. Looking at our capabilities; company decided to work with us to setup, incubate the execution center.
Process functions Executed
1. Identifying the process to be outsourced with customer.
2. Setting up the methodology and acceptance criterian for the delivery.
3. Setting up IT infrastructure – hardware, software, communication links required for execution center.
4. Attracting architects and professionals for execution.
5. Managing administration.
6. Proving the delivery process.
Starting a unit in India from scratch when the parent company had no brand or proven model of execution to showcase.
Key success …
Pratap, V.P. Operations, writes – “We have just spoken to the ‘customer’ and he gave us the same message – they are very happy with the execution and would like to proceed further.”